Parenting indeed an incredible journey!!!

"It is a period for new parents to prove the strength of their relationship. If you pass this test, the result will be beautiful and strengthen bonds that last long"-I was reading an article that related to parenting. As I am a new mommy, I always read such articles. It was a rainy evening, 7 pm. My husband was watching cricket in "hotstar" and my seven-month-old Abel was sleeping in pram next to him. I was enjoying my resting time. Suddenly Abel woke up and start crying. I tried to pacify him, but he was not seen completely convinced. Abel like to go outside, so I decided to carry him to the sit-out since raining was stopped a while ago. As I was opening the door, Felix (my husband) stopped me."It is raining outside. Don't go".
Me-"I am not going outside, just to the site out. Don't worry". We spend 10 minutes in sit-out and came in. I went to the bedroom where Felix was lying and watching cricket. I began to change the diaper. I asked Felix to pass the diaper bag placed near him. However, he behaved as if I was not talking to him. I got frustrated and asked several times to pass the diaper bag. There was no replay.
"What is your problem?"-I asked.
"Why did you go outside? I told you not to go"-He said.
I got annoyed." why are you quarrelling with me over silly thing?".
Felix-"silly thing? I don't want you and Able got a fever. That is why I asked not to go outside, but you won't listen to me..right?
Me-"look ...first of all, I don't have time for this. A lot of other works is pending in this house. I need to wash the utensils, clean the kitchen, fold the clothes, place waste in the dustbin and lot more. I really wish I get some time for bathing today..."I turned back, kept baby in the pram and close the door with loud impact and went to the kitchen.
Flex was still quiet, but this time he was not looking at hotstar. He was listening to me as if he was trying to figure out what harm he tried to cause me.
I was about to enter the kitchen, a lot of other thoughts entered in my mind. I again went to that room. Abel baby was sobbing a little
"Are you not seeing me working all the time in this home? I am not getting enough time to sleep as well. There is no one here. I am alone looking after Abel. I am not complaining about it. You also need to help me, at least when you came from the office. Instead of watching hotstar all the time, why don't you just cuddle him?
You won't do that. You are so selfish."
I sensed a guilt in his face. I again went to the kitchen with the baby in the pram. Able was sobbing. As I started doing kitchen work again, Felix came and took able with him. I completed my work, took a bath and came into the room. Abel was paying with his papa. My anger washed away when Felix took the child, but my ego was not letting me talk to Felix. However, he is not an egoistic person. He tried to talk
Felix-"I am sorry. I was so much into the match".
Me-"Mm....am also sorry .. I should not have been so loud".
Felix.- Hereafter I will take care of able whenever am at home.
I smiled at him. I don't know about the validity if his promise, but I was happy for our fight got over. It got over only because of him. Even though his participation in looking after Able is little less, he understands me, he does listen to me. He never initiates a fight. He understands what I am going through. This period is indeed a testing time of strength of relationship for new parents. The arrival of a new baby will keep you close. At the same time, it will give immense reasons to fight with each other, if any of us forget our responsibilities. Those who come out of it gracefully will be winners of the life. Once we pass through this phase happily and calmly, the result will be a beautiful and strongest relationship that lasts long. Best of luck for all the new parents like me and Felix who looking after their baby all by themselves ...cheers to the fights, cheers to the love.

Comments

Popular Posts